However, the game has so many issues that it often seems like it doesn't want you to enjoy it. For example: yesterday, I played 10 matches with friends online. I attempted to play 15 matches. In other words, at least one of us lagged out in nearly a third of our attempted matches.
Gear levels also do a great job of quickly unbalancing the game. At least the game tells you that the other team has better gear that you right away, so you can process and come to terms with your imminent death. Or you can leave the match. I won't judge.
I haven't been so frustrated with a game's multiplayer since Gears of War 2. Interestingly, Gears 2 multiplayer is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever. I can't say the same about For Honor. Like Gears 2, the moment-to-moment gameplay is
Seriously, the game does a terrible job at explaining its mechanics and systems to you. I haven't had to look outside of a game to find information on the game I'm playing since Destiny. It's that bad.
Now, I don't think it's a bad game. It's tough, but I imagine it feels good to master a character--I wouldn't know, I suck--because the learning curve is so steep. It does something so new that it's worth playing just to test the experience. But for anyone who values their sanity or has blood-pressure issues, they may want to look elsewhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment