Friday, March 10, 2017

Breadth of the Wild

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is...wow. It's everything I've ever wanted from a Zelda game.It takes the best elements from every open-world and every Zelda game and combines it into a masterpiece.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this game.

Everything from roaming the open world to solving individual puzzles feels exciting and new--something that's hard to do for a series that has been around as long as Zelda has. There is so much detail and love put into this game, that I understand--for the first time--why this game was delayed so much. It's missing nothing and so well polished.

The Zelda series is known for it's consistency, but Breath of the Wild somehow manages to raise the bar even more for the series. This game truly lets you experience the most complete open-world experience I have ever played. And I love the heck out of The Witcher: Wild Hunt.

I've had more memorable moments playing Breath of the Wild's first 10 hours than I did in the entirety of 2016 (including Dishonored 2's excellent Clockwork Mansion).

The game manages to feel like a Zelda game while still deviating from Zelda traditions in so many ways. It's a masterclass in open world game design and game design in general, and I can't wait to go play a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment