Once I boarded the new ship--the Tempest--I instantly felt like I'd arrived in a Mass Effect world. Is the game perfect? No. But I still really enjoy the game, which means the game overcomes it's shortcomings for me. I love this game, even if the reception has been pretty divided, and that's okay.
Between this and Breath of the Wild, I don't know where I'll find time to sleep.
The new characters are interesting, including Jaal, who is from a new alien race. These new aliens are pretty uggo, but they are interesting, so it balances out. Liam is a cool bro to talk to, Vetra is a cool...mom-like character, and Peebee brings some levity to an otherwise serious game. I left out Cora, because I don't trust anyone with the last name Harper in Mass Effect (I'm looking at you, Illusive Man).
Mass Effect is a continuation of what has been, so far, one of my favorite years in gaming already. Resident Evil 7, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mass Effect: Andromeda have all been exactly what I hoped for.
Hopefully the rest of the year can continue to give us fun experiences.

No comments:
Post a Comment