And yes, I'm fully aware that Dr. Grant ends up going to that island, but he was promised a lot of money. If someone paid me to play Destiny 2, I'd be down.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Destiny. I bought it three times and played all of the expansions. However every time I finished up an expansion, I left feeling robbed. Destiny (and presumably) Destiny 2 is all about the grind. It's got more grinding than a Tony Hawk Pro Skater game or an awkward high school dance.
Destiny never really got it's hooks into me like it did for so many others, and that's fine. But there is a pretty big divide between those who love Destiny and those who hate Destiny. It seems like a game everyone loves or hates; there is no middle ground.
Destiny 2 will probably double down on everything the original Destiny was about, which again, is great for its fans, but probably won't do much to win over new players. Over the life of Destiny, almost none of my concerns (and the concerns of many, many others) were addressed. Bungie seemed to cater to those who loved it already--which is a huge number of people--without addressing some key concerns.
The reveal obviously won't tell us too much, if anything, but before I consider playing Destiny 2, I'd need to know a lot of information.Will the game become more streamlined instead of hiding interesting lore and ways to get new loot behind a lame second-screen experience like the Destiny app? Will the enemy variety be better? Will there be an interesting story?
The game box lists its "Cinematic Story Campaign" on the back of the box as a selling point. I've yet to see that "Cinematic Story Campaign." I don't believe it's there. Maybe it's hidden somewhere in the Grimoire cards.
The biggest thing I took away from the reveal? The different editions the game will launch and the different pre-order incentives. Hopefully the game lives up to everything Destiny's hardcore fans want it to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment