Star Wars Battlefront II's first trailer was released last week--officially and unofficially, given the leak a few days before the reveal. The story-heavy trailer showed off that you'll be playing as an Empire-splinter group that bands together to keep fighting the good--erm, bad fight after the Death Star gets blown up. Again.
I know EA and Dice's original Battlefront reboot was divisive. I love the game, but I agree that it needed more content. I wasn't too concerned about the game's lack of a single-player story considering that I rarely played the original Pandemic-developed Battlefront games solo anyway.
The reboot needed more maps and locations. It needed easier access to hero characters. It needed more heroes. The Season Pass fixed a lot of these issues, but paying a total of $110(!) for a single game feels gross.
Despite it's flaws, I loved Battlefront and I'm super excited for Battlefront II. The inclusion of every era of Star Wars history is great. With a class-based system for multiplayer and the elimination of vehicle pick-ups in favor of vehicle access being similar to another popular DICE online-focused first-person shooter, Battlefront II seems to be headed in the right direction.
A cool story mode about a time we don't know much about just it makes it even better.
The second attempt at a fusion of Battlefield and Star Wars could be a beautiful thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment