The collectathon genre says hello again with the release of Yooka-Laylee.
It's set in a completely unique world filled with completely unique characters who are unlike anyone from any game you have ever seen before.
Obviously I'm joking when I'm talking about the uniqueness, as the game is basically a Banjo-Kazooie clone. That is what the developers promised, after all. Oh, and a 3-D Shovel Knight is there, which is DOPE.
The game takes me back to my childhood where the only two games I would play on my Nintendo 64 were Banjo-Tooie and Kirby and the Crystal Shards. I always got lost playing Banjo because I couldn't remember (see: didn't care enough as a youth) to go to each objective I was told about.
Now that I'm older and closer to death, the finality of how few games I'll actually have time to finish has hit me, and I'm determined to finish this game before I die. Well, that and I find the game incredibly fun and addicting.
I'm also much wiser than I was when I originally played Banjo games, so I won't get lost. I'll just get distracted by every shiny object I find.
If you like collecting things and/or love Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie, you will like this game. If you never liked those games, then there's not much here to win you over.

No comments:
Post a Comment