Thursday, December 21, 2017

Return to Alola

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon released last month. They're fun. They're Pokemon games. It's a good time.

Now, I'm going to sound like an old man yelling at youths to get off my lawn, but what happened to the third (or fourth) release in a Pokemon game set being a new adventure.

Pokemon Red and Blue: awesome games. Pokemon Yellow: FREAKING PIKACHU WALKS AROUND WITH YOU. You become Ash from the television show, except you don't suck.

Pokemon Gold and Silver: Again, really cool stuff. Pokemon Crystal: Suicune. You win, Crystal.

Pokemon Emerald added the awesome Battle Frontier to the already good Ruby and Sapphire, and Platinum and Black 2 and White 2 changed up its predecessors as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm at the point where replaying the same game (which I love, by the way) for nearly 30 hours just to get to the changes is not really my thing.

There's so many other games (on the 3DS alone I have to play Metroid: Samus Returns and Monster Hunter Stories) that asking me to play it twice is kind of a drag.

But you know I'll play it twice. I just probably won't enjoy it as much along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment